I was recently interviewed by Laura Rubinstein, a brilliant Social Media Marketing and Branding Consultant and fellow Evolutionary Business Council thought leader. We had a fast-paced conversation on how to overcome stress, increase energy, and elevate your impact, and, of course, my take on that is about eliminating environmental toxins in the home that are impacting our immune systems.
Laura Rubinstein (l) of EBC-Live.com interviews Beth Greer (r)
Managing your stress and reducing your exposure to toxins can radically improve your health and energy. I experienced it when I healed myself of a chest tumor, though my doctors believed the only treatment would be a risky surgery.
As a journalist and former President of The Learning Annex, an internationally-recognized adult education company, I had the great opportunity to learn from some of the top health and wellness experts who taught courses for us, such as Deepak Chopra, Tony Robbins, John Gray, Dr. Joseph Mercola, to name a few. I learned to meditate, to eat a healthy diet and even walk on hot coals and not let anything stop me! And suddenly I was diagnosed with a large tumor in my chest…talk about a huge amount of fear and a massive energy drop!
By detoxing my body and my home in addition to using the stress management tools I had learned, I was able to eliminate the tumor without drugs or surgery. I regained my health and energy by making a series of small, doable lifestyle changes that eliminated or significantly reduced my exposure to a bunch of toxins I wasn’t even aware of! And those toxins were in my food and in the products that I was putting on me and that surrounded me in my home and work environment.
What might have happened had I not exposed myself to those toxins in the first place?
Unfortunately, many of us wait until we crash with a health crisis before we commit to taking the necessary steps to get and stay healthy. I wrote my book Super Natural Home to speak out about the powerful benefits of holistic, natural, toxin-free living, and I loved sharing with Laura and her audience some of my simple tips for healthy living.
Here’s what we covered:
- Why it’s so important to become more conscious about your health.
- What steps I took to eliminate my tumor and regain my energy.
- Why the bedroom is a great place to start detoxing.
- Some inexpensive things you can do to feel better.
- How dangerous are cell phones and wifi and what can we do to protect ourselves?
- What’s being sprayed on wheat these days.
- Why pesticides are so dangerous.
- Problems with and alternatives to drinking diet soda.
- Farm-raised fish vs. wild caught?
- What to watch out for in cosmetics and personal care products.
- A non-toxic sunscreen recipe.
- How you can eat organic — even shopping at Costco and Walmart!
- We ended with my advice on how to be healthy to have the greatest impact possible.