Leading Alzheimers expert, Dr. Dale Bredesen, author of New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller, The End of Alzheimers, told me that the same lifestyle changes I made to heal myself of a tennis ball-sized chest tumor–without drugs or surgery–are the same ones he uses to reverse Alzheimer’s in his patients. These changes from his perspective, including reducing exposure to toxins in your home, work because they change our epigenetics.
During this interview with Dana Laake on her “Essentials of Healthy Living” Radio Show, I shared my story and the specific, often simple, changes I made that significantly reduced or eliminated my exposure to harmful toxins in my food, in the products I used and in my home environment.
We also discussed a wide range of health situations I encounter often during my Healthy Home Assessments, from difficult-to-treat chronic illnesses to debilitating chronic headaches, allergies, disrupted sleep and more. You’ll see that once I identified the troublesome toxins that were triggering these health issues, the simple, cost-effective solutions quickly eliminated their symptoms and restored their health. These Simple Swaps and Solutions are ones you can use immediately to improve your and your family’s health.
Key Points and Timestamps:
- 00:00:00 – 00:02:11 – Episode Intro
- 00:03:20 – Beth’s Story: How She Came to Do This Work
- From being a journalist, running a highly-successful multinational company and thinking she led a healthy lifestyle…to
- Boom! A tennis-ball-sized tumor in her chest…to
- 00:05:00 – Steps Beth Took to Heal Herself from the Tumor Without Drugs or Surgery
- Why the word, “simplify,” was key to regaining her health
- The changes she made to her nutrition, personal care products, household cleaners and more
- 00:07:50 – The Link Between the Lifestyle Changes Beth Made and Reversing Alzheimer’s and Cognitive Decline according to Dr. Bredesen, author of NYT bestseller The End of Alzheimers
- 00:10:00 – A New Learning Arena for Doctors
- Why doctors often don’t know about the harmful impact of toxins on our bodies and health or how to eliminate them.
- 00:10:40: Assessing the Toxicity of Household and Personal Care Products
- 00:17:00 – The Common Links Beth Sees in her Home Evaluations Between Troublesome Health Issues and the Toxins Triggering Them
- Simple Swaps and Solutions to eliminate those toxins
- 00:19:00 – EMFs (Electromagnetic Fields) from lights, digital devices, radio frequencies, etc., and Dirty Electricity in Your Walls
- How they triggered headaches, disrupted sleep and other health issues and the Simple Solutions that reduced them and restored health
- 00:22:05 – Tips and Recommendations to Reduce Specific Toxins (air filters, reducing EMFs, mold, water filters, pesticides, lighting
- 00:47:30 – Natural vs Artificial Light
- 00:50:40: About VOCs in Carpeting and Paint
- 00:55:40 – Episode Wrap Up
Resources Mentioned in This Show:
- Beth’s upcoming 5-Day Detox Sept. 9-13, 2019. Join the Waitlist for VIP notification and Early Bird Pricing
- Beth’s book, Super Natural Home is available for purchase. Click Here to learn more.
- Interested in consulting with Beth to Detox Your Body or Your Home? Learn more and contact Beth here.
- The End of Alzheimers: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline book by Dale Bredesen: New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller
- Beth’s Recommended Products: Products I have tested and use which meet my stringent specifications for being toxin-free. Those mentioned in the show:
- Air Doctor Air Purifier
- Smart Meter and Router Guards: they block over 98% of the EMFs, radio frequency and radiation from smart meters
- Energydots: self-adhesive “dots” that help harmonize the effects of cell phones and EMFs on the body
- Greenwave Filters for reducing high electrical fields
- AlkaViva Athena H2 Water Filter
- “The Essentials of Healthy Living Radio Show” with host, Dana Laake
Note: Some links are affiliate links to products I have thoroughly vetted and use. I receive a small contribution from each sale which helps fund this site and my work.