My guest is Peter Fairfield, a licensed Acupuncturist with over 40 years of clinical experience dealing with mood, behavior and personality. We discuss an Oriental Medicine approach to treating depression, anxiety, ADD and learning issues. Fairfield is also the author of Deep Happy: How to Get There and Always Find Your Way Back.
Listen on iTunes. (And while you’re at it, why not Subscribe to the show!)
Peter Fairfield has studied all over the world including hospitals in China, Taiwan, India and Europe. He lectures internationally, has clinics in Mill Valley, CA and Prescott, AZ and consults on the phone with clients all over the world. Currently, he is developing a professional training program in Oriental Medical Psychiatry.
In this episode you will hear:
- How he views ADHD, depression, and Anxiety from an Oriental Medicine perspective?
- What Role does the family play in creating the problem?
- What Role does the family play in healing the problem?
- What about physical issues that may play a role like head injuries, dental misalignments and food allergies?
- Pharmaceutical meds and the philosophy behind them and the difficulties they bring?
- What about social stressors?
- What he means when he says “Not much of it involves the brain.”
- Healthy and creative solutions, including biological dentistry, Chinese herbs, diet, and tricks using a hot water bottle on the abdomen to shift into a relaxed state of mind.
- Life long benefits from dealing with ADHD, depression and anxiety issues.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
To get more Kids in Crisis content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes!