Beth Greer (r) with Nutritional Therapist and author, Nicki Williams (l)
I was recently interviewed by Nicki Williams, author of “It’s Not You, It’s Your Hormones. We had a fun discussion about why I’m so passionate about environmental toxins in the home and the simple things you can do to create a safe haven to feel and look great.
Recent scientific evidence is coming out almost daily that there is now unprecedented human exposure to toxic chemicals in our food and water supply, in the air we breathe, in the products we apply to our skin, in the products we clean with and even within the confines of the womb. And, many of these toxins are hormone disruptors!
I was a bit ahead of my time in writing my book Super Natural Home, but I experienced, first-hand, how toxins impacted me. I was diagnosed with a large tumor in my chest, and was able to eliminate it without drugs or surgery by detoxing my body and my home.
I continue to speak out about the powerful benefits of holistic, natural, toxin-free living and I loved sharing with Nickie and her audience some simple tips for eliminating your exposure to invisible, harmful toxins in your home.
Here’s what we covered:
- How big a problem environmental toxins in the home are, and how are we unknowingly affected.
- What are the health implications of these toxins?
- Eating organic…is it worth the price?
- What’s the best deodorant?
- How dangerous are cell phones and wifi and what can we do to protect ourselves?
- What are endocrine disruptor chemicals, where are they found and how do they affect our hormones?
- My top 3 tips for a toxin free home.
- My top websites and resources that I recommend for people to research further.
- Plus, I spoke about my journey – what led me to write my book and become an international speaker, and expert on toxins in the home.
- We ended with Nicki telling me “You look so amazing at your age” (65!!)and I shared my top tips for looking and feeling radiant at any age.