Today’s show is about the subtle and not so subtle effects on our health from electromagnetic fields pollution, or EMFs, and how to reduce your exposure and increase wireless safety. My guest, Peter Sullivan, founder and CEO of Clear Light Ventures, is a parent who spent the last 15 years successfully recovering his two sons from autism and sensory issues. He is also an environmental health funder of research at Harvard, Stanford and UC Berkeley on toxins and wireless safety.
Listen on iTunes. (And while you’re at it, why not Subscribe to the show!)
We know about air pollution and you’ve heard how indoor air pollution can be worse than the air outside from the chemicals being released from our everyday items like our household cleaners, our mattresses, and the chemicals in our personal care products.
Well, there’s another type of pollution that you need to be aware of, and that’s EMF pollution. Electromagnetic waves surround us 24-7 from our cell phones, our home wireless networks, the cell phone towers, and Wi-Fi, that is everywhere.
Peter Sullivan’s work on detoxification and EMF have been featured in several books including Toxin Toxout: Getting Harmful Chemicals Out of Our Bodies and Our World and The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder along with CNN’s “Morgan Spurlock: Inside Man.” He also serves on the advisory board for the International Institute for Building-Biology & Ecology which focuses on “Creating Safe Havens in a Toxic, Electromagnetic World.” Peter also speaks about autism and environmental health at conferences throughout the United States and abroad.
In this interview you will learn:
- How Peter first came to consider wireless as something that could impact health
- Which health effects he personally experienced
- Are children more vulnerable to this type of radiation? What sort of symptoms might they experience when exposed to it?
- What’s happening at schools — what percentage of schools have installed WiFi and nearby antennas?
- The unsuspecting sources of EMFs in our homes like Wii games, alarm systems, baby monitors
- Are Autism and ADHD related to being electrically hypersensitive?
- Are there other health issues that can be aggravated by wireless and EMF?
- Are there simple things people can do to reduce their exposure?
- Are there ways to strengthen your body to reduce the impact of exposure?
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
To get more Kids in Crisis content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes!
Also, if you enjoyed this show and found it to be helpful, please leave an honest review on iTunes (Here’s a quick tutorial for how to leave a review via your computer or phone). Reviews are greatly appreciated (I read them), and they help with the ratings of this show so it can be discovered more easily by those who would benefit from it. When you do leave your review, feel free to share your URL there so I can thank you.
Lastly, if you have a question or a suggestion for a topic or expert for a future show, please contact me here. Cheers, and thanks again!
This episode of Kids in Crisis originally aired on BoldBraveMedia.