In this podcast, I speak with licensed clinical psychologist, Dr. Linda Lagemann, who says it is important that parents be informed about marketing trends in the psychiatric industry so they can make the best decisions for their family. She provides a number of safe, effective, holistic alternatives to pharmaceutical drugs for children.
Listen on iTunes. (And while you’re at it, why not Subscribe to the show!)
If your kids are on meds… You’re not alone. 1 in 7 children aged 6-11 years old, and 1 in 6 children aged 12-17 are on a psychiatric drug! And did you know that the fastest growing age group market for all psychiatric drugs is babies 0-3?
These drugs, which have serious side effects, may mask symptoms because they don’t really address the root causes. Children’s brains are still developing until their mid-20s. We don’t know the risks to a growing brain from these meds. Many researchers say that it’s only a matter of time before these medications can and will backfire and cause harm.
For the past four years Dr. Lagemann has researched emerging trends in the mental health field and their impact on children and families. She has 23 years experience in the field of clinical psychology as a practitioner, teacher, and supervisor. After observing that the “mental health” field had become dominated by psychiatric labels and drugs that were doing more harm than help, she closed her practice.
She now devotes herself full-time to getting laws passed on the State and Federal levels to protect people’s rights and to inform them about the disability caused by psychiatric drugs. She is also working on legislation for several states to ban the use of Electroshock therapy, also called electroconvulsive therapy or ECT on children.
Dr. Lagemann is a Commissioner for Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR). She is also an Associate Clinical Professor at the University of California, San Francisco in the Department of Medicine (and is a 3-time recipient of the UCSF Annual Teaching Excellence Award). She is featured in the independent documentary “American Addict 2: The Big Lie.”
In this interview you will learn:
- The startling drug figures for the U.S. and the massive money involved in the medicating of people in the mental health arena.
- Why it’s so important to protect children who are the most targeted group and the fastest growing market for the psychiatric industry.
- Why parents and pediatricians are being betrayed with false information and scare tactics.
- We are up against a behemoth. Who?
- How workable alternatives are under attack.
- What is Astroturfing and what should parents watch out for online?
- What parents should know about electroshock therapy (ECT) treatment for children and the new electrical brain implant device being used for kids with Autism.
- How the American Psychiatric Association (APA) is actively lobbying and urging the FDA to reclassify the device.
- Practical alternatives for handling behaviors associated with ADHD and other targeted behaviors and emotions.
- Dr. Lageman offers many helpful Resources, a few of which are:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
To get more Kids in Crisis content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes!
Also, if you enjoyed this show and found it to be helpful, please leave an honest review on iTunes (Here’s a quick tutorial for how to leave a review via your computer or phone). Reviews are greatly appreciated (I read them), and they help with the ratings of this show so it can be discovered more easily by those who would benefit from it. When you do leave your review, feel free to share your URL there so I can thank you.
Lastly, if you have a question or a suggestion for a topic or expert for a future show, please contact me here. Cheers, and thanks again!
This episode of Kids in Crisis originally aired on BoldBraveMedia.